Writing workshops are incubators for effective communication. They help bring creative ideas, projects and books into the world. They foster a sense of community, encourage new ways of thinking and serve as a hub to generate creative work. Meet other creative thinkers, process ideas, receive feedback, be part of a bigger conversation. All workshops can be taught in person or online.
Topics include but are not limited to:
- Business writing 101
- Creative Mapping
- Creative Nonfiction 101
- Creative Writing for Kids
- Effective Manuscript Critiquing
- Experimenting with Form
- How and When to Write and Effective Memoir
- Memory & Memoir: How to Navigate Your “Wiggly” Mind
- The Quiet Memoir
- Telling Our Life Stories
- Writing and Community: Using Story as Expression
- Writing for Chicken Soup for the Soul
In addition to these top 12, Kate offers one-hour craft workshops on topics such as building a narrative, honesty and transparency, momentum and pacing, voice/tone, plot, character, ethics of telling true stories, and more!